Monday, December 14, 2009

Ever heard the saying " better late than never", well I'm not sure if this applies to what I'm about to say but I know my followers will tell me,lol. Seventeen years ago I dropped out of college, after going for one year and one semester. So earlier this year I decided to go back and get my degree. I was suppose to start back this Fall, but I didn't, I have a major issue with "following through".Yesterday my mother told me that I should go back and get my degree, so I could do what I've always wanted to do (Social Worker) and if you knew my mother, you would understand how big this is. My mother has never supported or encouraged me to do anything.She has never said she was proud of me and I don't care who you are, or what you do, everyone needs that someone in their life that supports them(I needed my mother to be that person) The mature woman in me says "I really can't blame her because she had no one to encourage her"(she is a gifted artist) but because she didn't have the support, she stopped drawing.The little girl in me has been waiting for this moment for 37 years. I am looking to break this terrible cycle. I have 6 & 7 year old little boys and I tell them all the time that they can do or be anything they want to be. To be continued........

1 comment:

Igroki said...

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans - John Lennon

Whatever you do - college or not, I am sure you will have the interests of your kids at heart. And be doing the best that you can.

I agree entirely about everyone needing someone to be proud of/of them.